Kindergarten Sign Up – Important Information
Kindergarten sign-up began March 26.
Kindergarten selections for the district’s “Schools of Choice” have been completed. Selection letters have been sent to families.
– If your student or a family member has been enrolled in the Des Moines School district, such as preschool, you will sign-up at the Downtown School site, 1800 Grand Ave.
– If your student is totally new to the Des Moines School district, you will contact the Welcome Center at 242-7371 or 242-7233 to set up an appointment.
Please bring the following:
1) Two documents stating established residency. This may include a purchase contract with possession date or closing date, mortgage statement, rental agreement, or utility bill, credit card statement. Post Office boxes do not qualify.
If living in another person(s) home, provide a notarized statement from that person stating you and your child(ren) are living there with their name and address on it, as well as a utility bill in their name.
2) Birth Certificate
3) Immunization records
4) Your official photo identification, such as driver’s license, passport
5) Guardianship papers, if applicable
If you have questions regarding the Enrollment Process, please contact the Downtown School at 242-8422 or email@example.com